We are Chemploy!
We are a full-service team of skilled engineers, chemists, technologists and support staff (and big fans of Sustainability🌱, Coffee☕️, Stroopwafels🍪 and Innovative chemistries🏆; but not necessarily in that order..;-)
We are breaking free from the chemist’s stereotype. That’s right, we do things that others only dream of!
We serve clients in Chemicals, Food and Life sciences who produce chemicals, food and pharmaceuticals for people all over the world or enable companies to do so. We work on projects in Engineering, R&D, quality, technology development and manufacturing. All of them promote sustainable development, innovation, growth and prosperity. As Chemploy is an organization that gets even greater with like-minded talent, we are looking for several:
Research And Development Chemist(s) jr/mr (m/f/x)
The energy sector and (chemical) industry are in a transition towards the use of new feedstocks,
the use of renewable energy, more energy efficient processes, the introduction of circularity, and, of course, carbon capture and re-use. We work on all these transitional topics, working for, and with, (renewable) energy and chemistry companies and a network of international knowledge partners. To complement our team, we are currently seeking a R&D chemist to work on the development (gram-scale) and scale-up (kilograms/hour) of chemical processes for the production of several chemicals. You will be part of a small team at our Clients facilities (mainly South Holland, West Brabant (green chemistry campus) which is responsible for developing and scaling up high quality, safe chemical processes. You will be responsible for setting up, performing and analyzing experiments as well as general facility maintenance tasks.
The position is best suited to an enthusiastic person with the following characteristics:
- Good interpersonal skills and a proactive communication style;
- An intrinsic drive to contribute to a sustainable society;
- A hands-on mentality, comfortable working in a lab and have good reporting skills;
- The ability to work semi-independently and accurately;
- A good understanding of laboratory and chemical safety;
- A problem solving attitude and the ability to remain calm, professional in stressful situations;
- Comfortable maintaining, repairing and upgrading laboratory set-ups.
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
- B.Sc. in (organic) chemistry (an affinity for biobased technology, process intensification and/or flow chemistry is a pre);
- Preferably some working experience of organic chemistry (experience on a multi-kg scale, continuous processing, oxygenations, hydrogenations is a pre);
- The capabilities and/or willingness to operate process installations (Throughput: kgs/day);
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
W work according to “Chemistry in Employment” which stands for:
- A working environment characterized by our 10 principles.
- Growth and development; offering an individual coaching and training program, unlimited books, free meals, 1:1 coaching and mentoring.
- Self management and leadership. We do not have extensive policies and regulations that block succes. Our policy for all policies (work from home policy, social media policy, travel policy, buy a round of drinks policy, expense policy, dress policy etc) is only 3 words: “Use Good Judgement”
- Our unique #SFTC approach (We Solve For The Customer)
- Your benefits
- Choose your own benefits (salary, bonus)
- Permanent contract
- As many holidays as you wish or need
- No clauses (eg competition, study clause: you work with us because you want to)
- Free meals and free books to help you learn
- Outstanding mobility plan
Interested & Apply?
Great to hear that you are interested in this opportunity. Of course; we welcome your application consisting of a recent resume and tailored motivation letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via the application button below. In case you would like to know more about the position; you are welcome to contact Chemploy via +31(0) 46-206 0008. You may ask for mr Gijs van der Zanden. He is happy to answer all your questions.