We are Chemploy!
We are a full-service team of skilled engineers, chemists, technologists and support staff (and big fans of Sustainability, Coffee, Stroopwafels and Innovative Process Technologies; but not necessarily in that order)
We are breaking free from the engineers’ stereotype. That’s right, we do things that others only dream of!
We serve clients in Chemicals, Food and Life sciences who produce chemicals, food and pharmaceuticals for people all over the world or enable companies to do so. We work on projects in Engineering, R&D, quality, technology development and manufacturing. All of them promote sustainable development, innovation, growth and prosperity. As Chemploy is an organization that gets even greater with like-minded talent, we are looking for a:
Project Manager Engineering
What will you be doing?
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the budgets, timing and quality of the deliverables of multiple (related) engineering projects. You will define, set up and guide the project teams, define customer contracts with budget calculations, and maintaining good customer relations with the clients during and after the projects.
The activities of the Project Manager will consist of:
- Executing projects within the set of boundary conditions, while achieving the project targets (initiate, plan, start and run projects with a realistic time schedules, budgets, deliverables and milestones);
- Support sales & business development with the acquisition of new projects.
- Act as a liaison between our engineering team and the client
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
- You have an Sc. in e.g. process technology, chemical engineering, physics or mechanical engineering;
- You are able to add technical contributions and also to direct the project contentwise;
- Proven experience in project management
- Able to write project plans, shows empathy with the legal side of contracts;
- Can convert vision in action, takes the lead;
- You understand the challenges of engineering projects in the chemical industry and related
- You have a good mastery of the English language, both verbal and written;
- A drive to develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems by combining the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a pragmatic approach
- Well organized, able to structure projects within given constraints, result driven;
- Project/team leader skills, able to motivate and coach team members;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proactive communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- You are prepared to follow a steep learning curve
What can you expect?
We live by Chemistry in Employment; a philosophy based on 5 pillars:
- A solid foundation, laid down by our 10 principles
- Leadership: coaching others and being coached, not managed (projects are managed, people are developed and guided)
- Our corporate structure: highly aligned, loosely coupled
- A simple corporate policy that applies on all our polcies: “Use good judgement”
- Great people, greater benefits (eg excellent base salary, unlimited amount of holidays, individual development programs, a lot of fun)
Great to hear that you are interested in this opportunity. Of course; we welcome your application consisting of a recent resume and tailored motivation letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via the application button below. In case you would like to know more about the position; you are welcome to contact Chemploy via +31(0) 46-206 0008. You may ask for mr Gijs van der Zanden. He is happy to answer all your questions.