TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium
A full-service team of skilled assessors, qualified support staff (and big fans of Bruges, Coffee ☕️, Waffles 🧇 , Electric Cars ⚡️ 🚘 , and Sustainable Life 🌱 but not necessarily in that order)
TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium is based in Brussels (Kraainem) and part of the TÜV AUSTRIA Group employing more than 1600 experts in more than 40 countries. Despite the size of our organization, we still adhere to our start up mentality of entrepreneurship, professionalism and ownership whilst having a good laugh together. We provide certification services with decisive added value for sustainable and practical solutions for clients worldwide.
Why we do what we do
Fast depleting fossil resources, waste treatment & climate change due to greenhouse gas emissions are of continuously growing concern. Using biobased, biodegradable and compostable materials is an excellent way to help solving these major problems. However, there is one big stumbling block: How do we guarantee that such products are truly biobased, bio-degradable and compostable?
TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium have developed certification schemes that offer a comprehensive guarantee about the origin of biobased, compostable and biodegradable products officially confirmed by an independent “OK biobased”/ “OK compost”/ “OK biodegradable” certification. It allows manufacturers and producers of biobased, compostable and biodegradable products and materials to certify their goods independently.
The organisation is growing as an increasing number of innovative manufacturers chooses to certify their products and materials. In order to facilitate the growth of this organisation, we are looking for a:
Conformity Officer (Chemistry & Polymers)
OK biobased, OK biodegradable & OK compost
After clients are certified to use the quality marks issued by TÜV Austria Belgium, it is of key importance that these quality standards remain preserved. As a conformity monitoring officer: you play a key role to ensure if this is the case.
Using the standards of TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium, you will be responsible for the conformity monitoring of OK biobased, OK biodegradable & OK compost products and materials. This means that you will verify that the materials are labeled according to the original scheme thereby preventing misuse of the quality marks issued by TUV Austria.
You ensure that the certified products and materials are conform the OK biobased, OK biodegradable and OK compost standards. As a Conformity Monitoring Officer: you will:
- Request samples from customers or third parties via phone or email.
- Register these samples in the TUV Austria database.
- Carry out analysis on the samples and verify if these are conform the certified products?.
- Report these findings in a comprehensive report.
- Follow up on non-conformities in close collaboration with your colleagues.
Are you interested to contribute to the success of an ambitious firm that does things a little different? For this position, we would like to get in touch with all-round process safety engineering professionals that recognize themselves in this description:
- Academic or higher vocational degree (Bsc or Msc) in chemical engineering or related.
- Experience with HAZOP, Bowtie-Swift and LOPA. In addition; you show us that you know your stuff about explosion safety (ATEX).
- Familiar with the safety challenges that arise in a BRZO environment.
- Customer focus and entrepreneurial attitude.
- You feel comfortable to work in a production environment and enjoy interacting with the people on the work floor, especially the interaction of the funny type
- You have a practical hands-on attitude and are keen to develop solutions that work.
- You possess proven project management skills.
- Socially engaged and well developed communicative skills with a good sense of humour.
- Willingness to travel internationally to execute challenging projects on site.
- Ambition to contribute to the success of Chemploy and to your own success.
- Languages; English. Command of the Dutch language is highly preferred.