TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium
A full-service team of skilled assessors, qualified support staff (and big fans of Bruges, Coffee ☕️ , Waffles 🧇 , Electric Cars ⚡️ 🚘 , and Sustainable Life 🌱 but not necessarily in that order)
TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium is based in Brussels (Kraainem) and part of the TÜV AUSTRIA Group employing more than 1600 experts in more than 40 countries. Despite the size of our organization, we still adhere to our start up mentality of entrepreneurship, professionalism and ownership whilst having a good laugh together. We provide certification services with decisive added value for sustainable and practical solutions for clients worldwide.
Why we do what we do
Fast depleting fossil resources, waste treatment & climate change due to greenhouse gas emissions are of continuously growing concern. Using biobased, biodegradable and compostable materials is an excellent way to help solving these major problems. However, there is one big stumbling block: How do we guarantee that such products are truly biobased, bio-degradable and compostable?
TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium have developed certification schemes that offer a comprehensive guarantee about the origin of biobased, compostable and biodegradable products officially confirmed by an independent “OK Biobased”/“OK Compost”/“OK Bio-Degradable” certification.
More info 🎥 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSIigrOA0g
The organisation is growing as an increasing number of innovative manufacturers choose to certify their products and materials. In order to facilitate the growth of this organisation, we are looking for a:
Conformity Assessment Manager/Certification Specialist
(OK Biobased, OK Bio-degradable & OK Compost )
Using the standards of TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium, you will be responsible for OK Biobased, OK Biodegradable & OK Compost certification processes. You manage a client portfolio of mainly international customers in accordance with their request for certification of their products and materials. It is a very versatile and rather administrative job as you manage the complete process of certification: technical evaluation of trials, monitoring of the certification and final reporting whilst having direct customer contact along the process. In addition: you support the management with the development of novel certification schemes. Last but not least; we require you to built up and maintain a network in the field by attending conferences, join working groups and occasionally visit customers.
Previous experience as a contract manager Biobased/Bioplastics is not required for this role. TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium offers comprehensive training and education about certification processes, related standards via TÜV AUSTRIA Academy Trainings.
However: In order to make this role a succes, we ask you to recognize yourself in this profile:
- Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in chemistry, bio chemistry, bio-engineering, chemical engineering or paper technology.
- Fluent command French or Dutch (🇧🇪) + Fluent command of English.
- Customer focussed and internationally oriented mindset
- Entrepreneurial, good problem solving skills, self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Well developed communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self organized, accurate and eye for detail.
- Contributing to the pleasant working atmosphere in the organisation
- Knowledge of paper and pulp products/industries
- Knowledge of any additional languages.
- Few years of technical working experience.
- Previous experience with (product) certification (eg ISO/IEC 17065).
- Possession of a valid drivers license.
- Living in the vicinity of Brussels/Kraainem or willing to relocate to this area.
Apply or interested to learn more?
Does working on sustainable developments in an entrepreneurial and pleasant working environment appeal? Is your background in line with the candidate profile and are you open to explore this career step? Last but not least: do you value secure and long term employment with great primary (💰) and secondary benefits, including meal vouchers(🥘), group and hospitalisation (🏥) insurance and a company car (⚡️ 🚘⚡️ )?
If YES is the answer, we look forward to get in touch with you!
The application procedure for this role is outsourced to Chemploy Specialist & Executive Search. The responsible consultant is mr Gijs van der Zanden. In case of any questions, you may contact Gijs via firstname.lastname@example.org or via +31(0)46-2060008. He is happy to answer your questions anytime.
The interview process consists of 1 interview round with a consultant of Chemploy at the Chemploy office or one of our flexible interview locations in Belgium followed by 1 or 2 interview rounds at TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium. As Chemploy is a consulting company, usually employing consultants ourself, we know that this role is so appealing and the company so nice to work for that you want work there for a very long time. Hence an employment contract is offered by TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium directly.
Interested to apply? We welcome your resume and motivation letter before June 1st 2021 . You may sent it to email@example.com mentioning ‘your name & application Conformity Assessment Manager TÜV AUSTRIA Belgium. You may also use the application button below.
What can you expect?
We live by Chemistry in Employment; a philosophy based on 5 pillars:
- A solid foundation, laid down by our 10 principles
- Leadership: coaching others and being coached, not managed (projects are managed, people are developed and guided)
- Our corporate structure: highly aligned, loosely coupled
- A simple corporate policy that applies on all our polcies: “Use good judgement”
- Great people, greater benefits (eg excellent base salary, unlimited amount of holidays, individual development programs, a lot of fun)
Great to hear that you are interested in this opportunity. Of course; we welcome your application consisting of a recent resume and tailored motivation letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via the application button below. In case you would like to know more about the position; you are welcome to contact Chemploy via +31(0) 46-206 0008. You may ask for mr Gijs van der Zanden. He is happy to answer all your questions.