We are a full-service team of skilled engineers, chemists, technologists and support staff (and big fans of Sustainability, Coffee, Stroopwafels, de Efteling and Innovative Process Technologies; but not necessarily in that order) We are breaking free from the engineers’ stereotype. That’s right, we do things that others only dream of!
We serve clients in Chemicals, Food and Life sciences who produce materials, food and pharmaceuticals for people all over the world or our clients enable companies to do so. All of them promote sustainable development, innovation, growth and prosperity. We work mostly on projects in engineering, R&D and manufacturing. As Chemploy is an organization that gets even more fun with like-minded talent, we are hiring a:
Functional safety engineers at Chemploy put automated protection functions in place that ensure the safe operation of a facility. The role covers all aspects of the equipment lifecycle. Specific focus is therefore not only be given to the design of a safety function that will meet the risk reduction requirements but also to maintain it to these requirements throughout the operational phase. Within Chemploy we ensure functional safety within the industry using our practical experience in the application of the IEC 61511 standard during all phases of the equipment lifecycle. Goal of the role is similar to the standard which is to ensure that a properly engineered safety function is built and maintained within an asset management system that not only keeps the facility safe but also continues to improve it.
Are you the list type? Then this may help:
Are you interested to contribute to the success of a happy firm that does things a little different? For this position, we would like to get in touch with all-round functional safety professionals that recognise themselves in this description:
• Completed education (bachelor or master) in the field of electronic engineering or comparable (industrial automation, process control);
• Experience as E&I engineer with a focus on Instrumentation, Control Engineering, Functional Safety or alike;
• Good command of SIS and SIL;
• Good command of Dutch and English (Afrikaans will do well also);
• In possession of a valid TUV functional safety certificate or willing to obtain such certificate (we’ll cover the costs & arrange a nice accommodation);
• Relevant experience, ideally obtained in a production environment;
• A pleasant colleague with an entrepreneurial and customer focussed mindset with a passion for technology, personal development and growth.
Are you interested in this role but do you not match with the job profile completely? Chemploy is an organisation with focus on growth and development of their employees. Chemploy has a program allowing you to follow relevant education and training (e.g TUV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer SIS, language courses and E&I courses)